G-mail Search Query for All Unread Mail except Spam

I use G-Mail, and plenty of people do too.  Why not? It's easily one of the best "free" e-mail service out there.  I often have my mail sorted into labels, with some of the stuff skipping the Inbox.  Why? I also use the account on my phone, and I don't want to be alerted for every bill or other automated notifications that come in for me.  So, in my filters, they skip the Inbox and that way I don't get bothered.   At the end of the day, I have a routine where I review all of the unread e-mail.  Using the search query - "label:unread" will get you every unread mail.. but that also includes everything in Spam.  What to do? The answer is really simple-  use the query:

in:(all -spam) label:unread 

That will get you every mail, except spam.  The ( ) operator acts as an OR selector.  You could, for example, do "subject:angry (bird pig)" to search for all subjects with angry and either pig or bird.

If you want to check out more advanced search queries that you can use in your G-Mail search.. read this page.

Comments

Popular Posts